Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Str Spangled Banner


Look again.

There is a slight omission from the title. You may have missed it, but now you can't stop thinking about it reading this. Stay with me, there is a point.

Yesterday, being Flag Day, there was a celebration of sorts and a little ceremony hosted by a company at the business park where I work. The event was talking about the importance of the flag in our lives, and also some boasting about the giant flag pole and accompanying giant flag that can be seen easily from the highway. I have to admit, it's pretty patriotic. But this isn't:

Now if you can't notice, there is a star missing. A slight oversight in my opinion. I mean, we have had the current flag since 1959, so I would think it wouldn't be anything new to make. It took the company (not mine, mind you) a day to change it.

I just thought the whole thing was ironic, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment